It happens to everyone, the natural process of aging. For some, it maybe feels like it occurred overnight — the face staring back in the mirror suddenly looks different. Some individuals try to fix it with spa treatments, facials, and home remedies. Others dive into trying facial injectables like BOTOX® or dermal fillers for a liquid facelift solution. Then the heavy hitters: individuals who want a more significant impact consider a surgical facelift. So, how do you know what is best for you?
Progressive practices like Luminary Plastic Surgery provide both nonsurgical and surgical facelift options to patients in the Houston area. Dr. Ryan Couvillion is an experienced plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive procedures for the body, breasts, skin, and face. A native Houstonian, Dr. Couvillion has been recognized for his passion and dedication to providing his patients with the best cosmetic options and results. Read on to learn more about facial rejuvenation and how Dr. Couvillion at Luminary Plastic Surgery can help.
What are the options with a surgical facelift?
Houston patients dealing with drooping skin, fine lines, and wrinkles can benefit from a traditional facelift. Depending on a patient's aesthetic needs, there are different types and techniques for facelift procedures. It is an excellent, more long-term solution for individuals wanting to reduce sagging skin, tighten up underlying facial muscles, and reduce the appearance of aging skin. Healthy, nonsmoking adults with good skin elasticity are ideal candidates for a surgical facelift procedure. The type of facelift a patient may need varies by person and is dependent on target areas and the aesthetic changes they need. The following are some of the surgical facelift options, such as:
- Traditional facelift – This surgical procedure can address excess skin on the face and neck, along with sagging jowls along the jawline. By tightening underlying facial muscles, removing excess fat, and eliminating loose skin, patients will get stunning results and look years.
- Neck lift – In some cases, patients may only need to improve the appearance of their neckline. A neck lift will recontour the area beneath the chin and along the neck to enhance a patient's profile. By removing fat and loose skin, patients can have a smoother, more contoured appearance.
- Brow lift – This surgical procedure targets the upper portion of the face. Deep forehead creases and sagging skin can make individuals look older. A brow lift repositions the area back to its original location for a more youthful appearance. It is an excellent facial rejuvenation option for patients who do not need a full or traditional facelift.
What are the advantages of a liquid facelift?
Many Houston patients opt to rejuvenate their appearance with a liquid facelift and forgo a surgical procedure. A liquid facelift offers patients a less invasive option to restore a more youthful appearance and requires no extensive downtime. By combining facial injectables such as dermal fillers and BOTOX, a liquid facelift can recontour, lift, and rejuvenate a person's appearance. Dermal fillers like Juvéderm® or Restylane® work to restore volume to the face and smooth out moderate to severe wrinkles. BOTOX is a wrinkle relaxer that targets underlying facial muscles, creating a smoother, more youthful appearance. With a liquid facelift, patients can get an overall facial rejuvenation experience and fresh new look.
Other benefits of a liquid facelift are:
- Less expensive than a traditional facelift
- Less invasive and no facelift scars like with a surgical procedure
- Requires no downtime ("lunch hour" facelift)
- Natural-looking results when performed by a qualified, experienced injector
- Can treat every area of the face in one appointment
- The results are temporary and not a permanent commitment like a traditional facelift
What is the best option for me?
Consulting with a plastic surgeon like Dr. Couvillion is a patient's first step. Liquid facelifts are ideal for patients with relatively few wrinkles and mild to moderate amounts of loose, sagging skin. Patients needing more dramatic results may need to consider a surgical facelift to get optimal results. During a thorough consultation, Dr. Couvillion will listen to a patient's aesthetic concerns and evaluate which option will yield the best results. Whether you choose a liquid or traditional facelift, Dr. Couvillion and his professional team are what patients need to have a fresh start on loving how they look again.
If you are contemplating facial injectables or a surgical facelift procedure to rejuvenate your appearance, we invite you to call today and schedule a consultation with Dr. Ryan Couvillion at Luminary Plastic Surgery in Houston, TX.